We are looking for a few trail loving enthusiasts that want to get paid building and maintaining world-class trails in Plumas and Sierra counties. The job is physically and mentally demanding; working outside in the elements, performing physical labor for ten hours a day, four days a week. Rate of pay $15-$20 depending on experience.
Applicant must be able to:
- Safely run a chainsaw and swing hand tools, all day.
- Work hard in the heat, cold, wind, rain and sometimes in the snow.
- Effectively and safely lead volunteers work crews.
- Work comfortably in the woods and be able to hike long distances with up to 40 pounds of weight on your back.
- Safely ride a dirt bike on singletrack trails to access work sites.
- Prior trail work experience and Wilderness First Responder certification is recommended.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25nd. Start date June 7th and the job goes until the weather shuts us down in November.