Sierra Nevada Trail Chaser Bike Givaway!
This full custom “Sierra Nevada Trail Chaser” Surly with the goods from Paul Component, Industry Nine, White Industries, CampAndGoSlow, King Cage and DingoBags could be yours!
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company has teamed with Paul Component Engineering, Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship (SBTS) and other notable cycling industry brands to build a pair of fully custom bicycles to raise funds and awareness for two local nonprofits working on disaster relief.
“This is a critical time to support these trail organizations,” said Sierra Nevada founder and owner, Ken Grossman. “Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship has significant challenges right now dealing with the effects of recent wildfire activity in their area.”
Donate for a chance to land this supremely customized “Sierra Nevada Trail Chaser” bike – just $5 per entry! The contest runs from September 6 through October 31, 2021.
Travis, known widely as California Travis, marketing lead at Paul Component Engineering says, “Paul himself [the owner of Paul Component Engineering] absolutely loves Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It’s his favorite beer. He’s drawn inspiration from Ken Grossman’s examples of how to run American manufacturing with sustainability, responsibility, and community in mind. We’re stoked to partner on this kind of project for a fourth year. The bikes that we developed this time around are top notch with no detail spared, and the fundraising part of this couldn’t come at a more crucial time for these non-profits.”
About the Bike
The Paul Component Engineering team stripped a Surly Straggler frameset, powder-coated it metallic Pale Ale green, then completed the theme by building it up with custom parts anodized gold (to match the Sierra Nevada banner and wheat) and blue (to match the sky and stream on the label) donated by these awesome companies below. The SBTS custom bike is a size 52cm/Small (rider height 5’3” to 5’5”) featuring donated parts from these premium cycling industry brands:
- PAUL Component Engineering Chico, California (disc brakes, stems, seatposts, skewers, and seat collars)
- Surly Bikes Bloomington, Minnesota (bikes)
- White Industries Petaluma, California (cranks, bottom brackets and headsets)
- Industry Nine Asheville, North Carolina (wheels)
- CampAndGoSlow Doyle, California (Western Rattler themed handlebar tape for the SBTS bike)
- King Cage Durango Colorado (titanium water bottle cages)
- Dynaplug, Chico, CA (tubeless tire repair tools)
- DingoBags Chico, CA (custom handlebar and frame bags that just happen to hold a row of Pale Ale cans)
- Yuba Expeditions Quincy, CA (Downieville Classic saddle)
No purchase necessary to
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 21+ to participate and a legal U.S. resident. Valid in all U.S. continental states. Prize valued at $5,591 ARV. Void where prohibited