Join SBTS on April 27th-29th in celebration of our Spring Epic Weekend in Quincy, where all the food and beer is covered for our beloved SBTS Members! The weekend festivities include: sleeping under the stars, riding the fine trails of Mount Hough, hiking, swimming in Crystal Lake, free bike demos from Santa Cruz Bikes and a lot of digging in the dirt! This is a members only event, so sign up or renew today to participate.
Where to meet
Plumas Sierra County Fairgrounds in Quincy. We have reserved the Lower Campgrounds off of Lee Road (behind the fairgrounds) through Gate 3. We will have the whole area reserved so look for an open spot and grab it. Campsites are $10.00 a night without electricity and water and $20.00 a night for RV spots with hookups. Please pay SBTS staff upon arrival.
The event officially kicks off Saturday, but many will arrive Friday to set up camp and get in on the first round of free Santa Cruz demo bikes (20 bikes! 5010, Bronson, Hightower and Tallboy). The group camp site will be set up by Friday night. On Saturday, April 29th plan on arriving betwen 7:00 and 8:30am.
- 1pm – Fairground Open *** Subject to venue change, will report back asap
- 7-9am – Breakfast
- Ride and adventure Day shenanigans
- 1pm – Bike Rides and Hikes ( we will have multiple options, loosely organized with those who know the area). Free Santa Cruz Demo Bikes Available
- 6pm – Member Appreciation BBQ and cold beverages at camp
- 7am – 8:30am: Breakfast
- 9am – 1pm: Trail Work
(We have an 11am start time for people who travel long distance and arrive later. 1 staff member will be at the campsite to assist)
Epics are for current SBTS members only. If you aren’t currently a member, you can renew here!
The Keddy Trail is a new single track that ties into the Mount Hough Trail System. New construction on the top of Mount Hough through a rocky section of trail with awesome views of Quincy.
What is provided
- Breakfast Sat & Sun
- Sack lunch Sat & Sun
- Dinner Sat night
- Drinks (beer and non-alcoholic)
What to bring
- Your camping gear
- Stuff for biking, hiking or swimming & trailwork
- Water (there will be water there, but feel free to bring extra if you like)
- Sun protection
- Gloves, long pants, hiking shoes and day pack for trail work