A weekend of fun camping, riding and trailbuilding, August 24-26 . Join us for our Downieville Epic Weekend, where all the food and beer is covered for our beloved SBTS Members! The weekend festivities include: sleeping under the stars, mountain bike riding on the area’s finest trails, hiking in the Tahoe National Forest, swimming in alpine lakes, fishing mountain streams and a day of digging in the dirt!
This is a members only event, so sign up or renew today to participate. RSVPs are capped at 55!
Where to meet
Packsaddle Campground (map) is located in the Packer Lake area near the Sierra Buttes, north of the Yuba River.
*** Subject to venue change, will report back asap
We have reserved some campsites and will have a SBTS site for meals and socializing. If you plan on camping you will need to grab a site on your own, first come first serve. Please share, as space is limited to 55 people. We have the entire campground reserved for participants. If you find a spot in one of these sites please remember to pay SBTS for the space. Camping fee is: $24 per site per night. Otherwise, it’s just like regular camping – look for an open spot and grab it.
When to meet
The event officially kicks off Saturday, but many will arrive Friday. The SBTS camp site will be set up by Friday night. On Saturday, August 25th plan on arriving between 7:00 and 9:00am. Many of the organized rides will leave by about 9 or 9:30.
- 12pm: Set-up and Registration
- 7am – 8:30am: Breakfast & Registration
- 9am – 3pm: Bike rides & hikes fun (multiple options)
- Bikers ride: TBD
- Hikers can go to the Sierra Buttes Lookout
- Play in the lakes
- 2pm – Tools down
- 6pm – Dinner served by SBTS
- 7am – 9am: Breakfast
- 9am – Safety Talk, depart for Trail Work
- 9am – 12pm: Trail Work
What is Provided
- Breakfast Saturday & Sunday
- Sack lunch Saturday & Sunday
- Dinner Friday & Saturday night
- Drinks (beer and non-alcoholic)
- Each site is equipt with a campfire ring and a picnic table.
- Onsite drinking water.
- No showers or bathrooms with running water, vault toliets on site.
- Packer and Sardine Lake are located nearby for swimming.
What to Bring
- Your camping gear
- Gear for biking, hiking, swimming and trailwork
- Water (there will be water there, but feel free to bring extra if you like)
- Sun protection, technu
- Gloves, long pants, hiking shoes and day pack for trail work
Help Us Go Green
Please bring your own camping plates and utensils, insulated cup, and packable containers for lunches
Space is limited, so please RSVP
An RSVP link will be posted here in the future, we’ll make an announcement via email and social, so make sure to follow us.
Epics are for current SBTS members only. If you aren’t currently a member, you can renew here!